Thursday, January 13, 2011

Food and books about food



One of my goals for the month of January is to bake a loaf of bread. You might be thinking, "thats really easy, throw some flower and yeast in a bread machine and people will think you are a hero." My answer to that, I already have a bread machine and have done many loafs and they are tasty. Also, i'm a hero, but thats for another blog. Side note, Heroes was one of my favorite tv shows. Back to bread, I was talking to my good friend Jeannie, who just made some awesome bread for the new years party I went to, and I asked her where she gets her bread recipes. She recommended that I check out Health Bread in Five Minutes a Day. Now my mind is blowing up with everything there is to know about bread. There is more than just a bunch of science talk about bread, there are also a bunch of amazing recipes. But, I am secretly eating up all the science behind making healthy bread that tastes amazing and yes, pun intended.

A new rediscovered joy about working and living in downtown franklin is the $.50 day old pastries from Merridies Bakery. It has become a regular stop on my way to the office. Fifty cents is an amazing deal for a delicious white chocolate blubbery scone!!

Cheers

1 comment:

Li Ming She said...

Excellent photography . I admire your photos .